In most corners of our world, we are experiencing difficult times. Many of us are part of a generation which has (on a global scale) never been through such turmoil. But worry not, thankfully we have the internet at our disposal to support each other and that is exactly what we intend to do for our hard-working women out there!
Your Planet Venus team thought about several tools you can try to use in order to cope with the current environment and put your mind at ease. This week we want to talk to you about positivity and how to be positive for yourself and/or with your clients and business!
Now, we know that it is difficult to do when it feels like the entire universe is working against you … but there is no harm in trying; in fact there are more benefits to it than you might think!
… if we don’t make time for our wellness, we will be forced to make time for our illness (mental as much as physical).
How and why to be more positive
Let’s start off with some common traits to a mindset which works negatively.
We all love to do it every once in a while! Or, well … all of the time, especially now.
When we are venting, it can help us not lose our minds. However, consequently it can end up doing more harm than anything else. Most of the time, negative thoughts circle us down a negative spiral and we end up suppressing any possible positive ones.
So, in the end, instead of letting go of the bad to make space for the good; we actually allow negative thoughts to grow more rapidly.
This also puts us in a box and makes us less creative. And now more than ever, we all need to be creative and innovative – as true entrepreneurs.
So, what can we replace it with? Gratitude.
Let’s be grateful for anything we might have going for us right now. Even if it may seem insignificant! Make a list at the end of each day with as many details as possible and try to focus on them.
Why? Because our thoughts turn into actions and our actions into reality.
So, let’s create a fruitful reality despite and because of the circumstances.
Here’s a good example of changing your attitude towards a positive one: the growth mindset model. Essentially, it means believing that despite the challenges, one can still succeed.
“If you imagine less, less will be what you undoubtedly deserve,” Debbie Millman.
Reflect. A fixed mindset and how to change it:
- How do you talk to yourself? Do you tell yourself that you will fail or that you aren’t talented enough? If yes, this is a sign for a fixed mindset. * Countering doubts with a growth-oriented attitude can help. “I can’t do this” → “I can’t do this, yet”
- You have a choice how and whether you will embrace a situation. Ask yourself, do you view this challenge as an opportunity to expand your abilities?
- Be cautious when communicating with your network. The narrative currently is quite saturated with disbelief and hopelessness. Remember that this is only a reflection on their reality, not yours! Be in control of your own energy and reality.
We have gathered a few sources we thought would be useful in your quest for a more positive mindset. You can do this with yourself, the people you are closed with, or sometimes virtually with your peers and clients!
While not all may be fitting the situation, we found many of them quite useful. Check them out:
- 19 Positive Psychology Exercises To Do With Clients or Students
- 26 Mental Health Exercises & Interventions Based on Science
- What is Mindfulness
In the end, being successful as an entrepreneur turns out to be more dependent on the combined attitude you have towards yourself and your environment than on circumstances. We hope these tips were useful to you!
Stay tuned, because next week we will tackle the second tool – a more practical approach to the ongoing events!